Sierra Club, EnergySage Create Online Shopping Portal for Renewables
The Massachusetts Sierra Club and Cambridge, Mass.-based EnergySage, an online marketplace for solar photovoltaic and other clean energy systems, launched a joint effort to help businesses and non-profits shop for and obtain competitive bids for renewable energy technologies.
The EnergySage program, which is accessed through a Sierra Club portal, provides an online comparison-shopping process that secures competitive quotes from pre-screened installers. EnergySage facilitates the choice of system, installer and financing option and accelerates the procurement process. The program focuses on businesses, municipalities, religious institutions and other nonprofit organizations, although homeowners also have access to the same tools and information.
The Sierra Club is participating with EnergySage because the web portal gives businesses and other property owners a no-cost service that can lead to financial savings while reducing greenhouse-gas emissions.
For properties lacking suitable structures for a solar installation, EnergySage provides the ability to evaluate and shop for a range of clean energy technologies such as solar hot water, small wind turbines and ground source heat pumps for space heating and cooling.
A solar garden is another way for property owners to buy solar modules to handle their electric load without having to install the modules on their own property. Community solar developer Clean Energy Collective (CEC) recently broke ground on a Boulder, Colo., community-owned solar garden, which is the first project of its kind in Xcel Energy’s Solar Rewards program.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement