Sierra Club, EnergySage Create Online Shopping Portal for Renewables
The Massachusetts Sierra Club and Cambridge, Mass.-based EnergySage, an online marketplace for solar photovoltaic and other clean energy systems, launched a joint effort to help businesses and non-profits shop for and obtain competitive bids for renewable energy technologies.
The EnergySage program, which is accessed through a Sierra Club portal, provides an online comparison-shopping process that secures competitive quotes from pre-screened installers. EnergySage facilitates the choice of system, installer and financing option and accelerates the procurement process. The program focuses on businesses, municipalities, religious institutions and other nonprofit organizations, although homeowners also have access to the same tools and information.
The Sierra Club is participating with EnergySage because the web portal gives businesses and other property owners a no-cost service that can lead to financial savings while reducing greenhouse-gas emissions.
For properties lacking suitable structures for a solar installation, EnergySage provides the ability to evaluate and shop for a range of clean energy technologies such as solar hot water, small wind turbines and ground source heat pumps for space heating and cooling.
A solar garden is another way for property owners to buy solar modules to handle their electric load without having to install the modules on their own property. Community solar developer Clean Energy Collective (CEC) recently broke ground on a Boulder, Colo., community-owned solar garden, which is the first project of its kind in Xcel Energy’s Solar Rewards program.
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- 5 Must-Have Utility Billing Alerts
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems