Silver Spring Networks 75,000 Street Lights in Miami
Florida Power & Light (FPL) selected Silver Spring Networks to deploy 75,000 networked street lights in the Miami-Dade County region. FPL also plans to deploy Silver Spring’s wireless IPv6 mesh networking technology and management and control software to connect and control the street lights. This is part of an ongoing effort to modernize and network FPL’s power delivery system, including the nearly 500,000 street lights FPL maintains throughout the company’s 35-county service area.
Silver Spring says it is also deploying a citywide canopy network to connect more than 20,000 street lights in Copenhagen, and in Paris, the company has been selected for an advanced street lighting and traffic controls program to help the city reduce its public lighting energy consumption by 30 percent over the next ten years.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement