Silver Spring Networks 75,000 Street Lights in Miami
Florida Power & Light (FPL) selected Silver Spring Networks to deploy 75,000 networked street lights in the Miami-Dade County region. FPL also plans to deploy Silver Spring’s wireless IPv6 mesh networking technology and management and control software to connect and control the street lights. This is part of an ongoing effort to modernize and network FPL’s power delivery system, including the nearly 500,000 street lights FPL maintains throughout the company’s 35-county service area.
Silver Spring says it is also deploying a citywide canopy network to connect more than 20,000 street lights in Copenhagen, and in Paris, the company has been selected for an advanced street lighting and traffic controls program to help the city reduce its public lighting energy consumption by 30 percent over the next ten years.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future