Silver Spring Networks 75,000 Street Lights in Miami
Florida Power & Light (FPL) selected Silver Spring Networks to deploy 75,000 networked street lights in the Miami-Dade County region. FPL also plans to deploy Silver Spring’s wireless IPv6 mesh networking technology and management and control software to connect and control the street lights. This is part of an ongoing effort to modernize and network FPL’s power delivery system, including the nearly 500,000 street lights FPL maintains throughout the company’s 35-county service area.
Silver Spring says it is also deploying a citywide canopy network to connect more than 20,000 street lights in Copenhagen, and in Paris, the company has been selected for an advanced street lighting and traffic controls program to help the city reduce its public lighting energy consumption by 30 percent over the next ten years.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management