Silver Spring Networks 75,000 Street Lights in Miami
Florida Power & Light (FPL) selected Silver Spring Networks to deploy 75,000 networked street lights in the Miami-Dade County region. FPL also plans to deploy Silver Spring’s wireless IPv6 mesh networking technology and management and control software to connect and control the street lights. This is part of an ongoing effort to modernize and network FPL’s power delivery system, including the nearly 500,000 street lights FPL maintains throughout the company’s 35-county service area.
Silver Spring says it is also deploying a citywide canopy network to connect more than 20,000 street lights in Copenhagen, and in Paris, the company has been selected for an advanced street lighting and traffic controls program to help the city reduce its public lighting energy consumption by 30 percent over the next ten years.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power