Silver Spring Networks Makes Smart Lighting Announcements
Silver Spring Networks last week made two announcements in the smart lighting sector at the IES Street & Area Lighting Conference in Savannah, GA. It unveiled Streetlight Vision 6 (SLV6), a smart city control and management platform. In conjunction with the announcement, Silver Spring opened its smart city developer program and App Store, which enables developers to build applications on the SLV6 platform.
The company says that some features of SLV6 include expanded smart city device support; asset and inventory management; work order management; advanced analytics; simplified integration with existing business processes; high capability to expand projects and a new user interface.
The company also said that it is partnering with Acuity Brands to develop intelligent lighting platforms for utilities, cities and large campuses. The goals are to enable these entities to upgrade their lighting and create a platform for smart city appliances and services. The two companies will kick the partnership off by integrating Silver Springs’ Gen5 IPv6 networking platform and Streetlight Vision smart city management software with Acuity Controls’ DTL DLL intelligent photocontrols.
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Planning for a Sustainable Future