Silver Spring Networks Makes Smart Lighting Announcements
Silver Spring Networks last week made two announcements in the smart lighting sector at the IES Street & Area Lighting Conference in Savannah, GA. It unveiled Streetlight Vision 6 (SLV6), a smart city control and management platform. In conjunction with the announcement, Silver Spring opened its smart city developer program and App Store, which enables developers to build applications on the SLV6 platform.
The company says that some features of SLV6 include expanded smart city device support; asset and inventory management; work order management; advanced analytics; simplified integration with existing business processes; high capability to expand projects and a new user interface.
The company also said that it is partnering with Acuity Brands to develop intelligent lighting platforms for utilities, cities and large campuses. The goals are to enable these entities to upgrade their lighting and create a platform for smart city appliances and services. The two companies will kick the partnership off by integrating Silver Springs’ Gen5 IPv6 networking platform and Streetlight Vision smart city management software with Acuity Controls’ DTL DLL intelligent photocontrols.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution