Singapore Power Sells Retail Energy on Silver Spring Networks’ Platform
Singapore Power Group (SP) has begun delivering deregulated energy services to commercial and industrial (C&I) customers in Singapore via Silver Spring Networks’ countrywide IPv6 smart networking platform. Eligible C&I customers in Singapore can now choose from a variety of retail energy providers and purchase electricity at wholesale market prices.
Any SP C&I customer who meets consumption thresholds is eligible to opt-in to the program. To accommodate this opt-in approach, SP worked with Silver Spring and its consortium partner, ST Electronics, to deploy an IPv6-based wireless network canopy that allowed for rapid connectivity for participating customers such as retail chains, town councils, and industrial customers.
Silver Spring’s platform also enables SP to support a broad range of smart grid device vendors, including multiple meter types from EDMI, Secure, and Mirai.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management