Singapore Power Sells Retail Energy on Silver Spring Networks’ Platform
Singapore Power Group (SP) has begun delivering deregulated energy services to commercial and industrial (C&I) customers in Singapore via Silver Spring Networks’ countrywide IPv6 smart networking platform. Eligible C&I customers in Singapore can now choose from a variety of retail energy providers and purchase electricity at wholesale market prices.
Any SP C&I customer who meets consumption thresholds is eligible to opt-in to the program. To accommodate this opt-in approach, SP worked with Silver Spring and its consortium partner, ST Electronics, to deploy an IPv6-based wireless network canopy that allowed for rapid connectivity for participating customers such as retail chains, town councils, and industrial customers.
Silver Spring’s platform also enables SP to support a broad range of smart grid device vendors, including multiple meter types from EDMI, Secure, and Mirai.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape