Singapore Power Sells Retail Energy on Silver Spring Networks’ Platform
Singapore Power Group (SP) has begun delivering deregulated energy services to commercial and industrial (C&I) customers in Singapore via Silver Spring Networks’ countrywide IPv6 smart networking platform. Eligible C&I customers in Singapore can now choose from a variety of retail energy providers and purchase electricity at wholesale market prices.
Any SP C&I customer who meets consumption thresholds is eligible to opt-in to the program. To accommodate this opt-in approach, SP worked with Silver Spring and its consortium partner, ST Electronics, to deploy an IPv6-based wireless network canopy that allowed for rapid connectivity for participating customers such as retail chains, town councils, and industrial customers.
Silver Spring’s platform also enables SP to support a broad range of smart grid device vendors, including multiple meter types from EDMI, Secure, and Mirai.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Combined Heat and Power
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future