Sioux City, Woodbury County Getting LED Upgrade
The project is broad: It includes new lighting in the rural sheds that house road cleaning gear and large and heavily used buildings in Sioux City. More than a dozen buildings will be involved.
The contract with West Plains is for $893,359. The upgrades technically will be done in two projects for which bids will be sought later, according to The Sioux City Journal. The county’s Juvenile Detention Center, juvenile court and the Woodbury County Courthouse will be upgraded.
In Des Moines, an LEDs are being installed at the Smouse Opportunity School and Ruby Van Meter School, both of which serve disabled children. The LEDs are tunable, which have been shown in studies to decrease hyperactivity and increase educational performance. The LEDs also will save Des Moines Public Schools 20 percent to 25 percent compared to the fluorescent lights they replace, according to KCCI.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers