Six Steps to a Winning GRESB Audit
National Real Estate Investor offers six strategies to prepare for the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB), a program that rates real estate portfolios for sustainability performance.
The suggestions are:
- Focus on reporting “stakeholder engagement” and “performance indicators.”
- Utilize the easiest sources to get data.
- Take a realistic view of the organization’s sustainability policies.
- Create a central data collection system.
- Designate a “GRESB czar.”
- Create a smart sustainability policy and sell it to the organization.
The story says that the highest GRESB award winners – Green Stars – have portfolio-wide policies in place. The point isn’t to have the most sustainable buildings. It is to show improvement from year to year.
Top 1000 Funds reports that a sustainable benchmark that can be used by institutional investors interested in infrastructure is being developed. Initial investors, including CalPERS, APG, ATP, the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan and PGGM did a pilot assessment of environmental, social and governance (ESG) benchmarks within their infrastructure investments. They now are calling in GRESB to formalize the benchmarks and ensure a standardized approach.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year