Skyline Innovations Rebrands, Launches Energy Brokerage Business
Skyline Innovations has leveraged a $7 million investment to rebrand and expand its business offerings. The company, which had recently launched an energy brokerage line of business, announced that it changed its name to Nextility to reflect its expansion.
Nextility Power and Gas offers energy brokerage and procurement services primarily to small businesses in the third of the country where power and natural gas is deregulated. Deregulation allows these customers to select their energy supplier. Although many business owners recognize the opportunity to save money by selecting a competitive supplier, Nextility explained in a press release, many hesitate because they do not have the time and expertise to evaluate potential suppliers and competing offers.
Nextility Power and Gas automates this process with software that monitors and compares the customer’s current rate with what is available in the marketplace. When competitive rates deliver the customer savings over their current rate, Nextility Power and Gas presents the lower rate to the customer.
Third-party solar hot water services will still be a focus for the company, according to a Greentech Media article. Before rebranding as Nextility, the company had developed dozens of commercial-scale hot water systems and had closed on $30 million in funding to support new projects. Over the next year, Nextility said it will leverage the additional funding to expand its existing solar hot water and electricity service into new markets, including Delaware and New York.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash