Skyscraper Saves $712,000 Annually From Retrofit
Singapore property developer City Developments Limited recently completed infrastructure upgrades to its Republic Plaza building, one of Singapore’s tallest skyscrapers, and anticipates an annual energy savings of $712,000 or 4 million kWh.
City Developments (CDL) expects the 66-story Republic Plaza, in the heart of Singapore’s Central Business District, to recover the retrofitting cost from energy cost savings in five years, or even earlier, should electricity tariff rates continue to increase in the near future.
CDL is working on energy efficiency throughout its property portfolio. Annual electricity savings from CDL sustainable buildings are estimated at approximately $16 million for its 37 buildings that received Green Mark certification between 2008 and 2011.
Green Mark is a benchmarking system used by Singapore’s Building and Construction Authority, which incorporates internationally-recognized best practices in environmental design and performance for buildings. As a result of Republic Plaza’s retrofit, the building received the Green Mark Platinum Award earlier this year.
In recognition of Republic Plaza’s energy efficiency and sustainability efforts, Trane, a brand of Ingersoll Rand, presented CDL with its “Energy Efficiency Leader Award” in November.
- Integrated Building Optimization
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management