Skyscraper Saves $712,000 Annually From Retrofit
Singapore property developer City Developments Limited recently completed infrastructure upgrades to its Republic Plaza building, one of Singapore’s tallest skyscrapers, and anticipates an annual energy savings of $712,000 or 4 million kWh.
City Developments (CDL) expects the 66-story Republic Plaza, in the heart of Singapore’s Central Business District, to recover the retrofitting cost from energy cost savings in five years, or even earlier, should electricity tariff rates continue to increase in the near future.
CDL is working on energy efficiency throughout its property portfolio. Annual electricity savings from CDL sustainable buildings are estimated at approximately $16 million for its 37 buildings that received Green Mark certification between 2008 and 2011.
Green Mark is a benchmarking system used by Singapore’s Building and Construction Authority, which incorporates internationally-recognized best practices in environmental design and performance for buildings. As a result of Republic Plaza’s retrofit, the building received the Green Mark Platinum Award earlier this year.
In recognition of Republic Plaza’s energy efficiency and sustainability efforts, Trane, a brand of Ingersoll Rand, presented CDL with its “Energy Efficiency Leader Award” in November.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement