Skyscraper Saves $712,000 Annually From Retrofit
Singapore property developer City Developments Limited recently completed infrastructure upgrades to its Republic Plaza building, one of Singapore’s tallest skyscrapers, and anticipates an annual energy savings of $712,000 or 4 million kWh.
City Developments (CDL) expects the 66-story Republic Plaza, in the heart of Singapore’s Central Business District, to recover the retrofitting cost from energy cost savings in five years, or even earlier, should electricity tariff rates continue to increase in the near future.
CDL is working on energy efficiency throughout its property portfolio. Annual electricity savings from CDL sustainable buildings are estimated at approximately $16 million for its 37 buildings that received Green Mark certification between 2008 and 2011.
Green Mark is a benchmarking system used by Singapore’s Building and Construction Authority, which incorporates internationally-recognized best practices in environmental design and performance for buildings. As a result of Republic Plaza’s retrofit, the building received the Green Mark Platinum Award earlier this year.
In recognition of Republic Plaza’s energy efficiency and sustainability efforts, Trane, a brand of Ingersoll Rand, presented CDL with its “Energy Efficiency Leader Award” in November.
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- 10 Ways to Slash Energy Cost & Reduce Budget Uncertainty
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems