SMA Offers Free Module-Level Monitoring for Micro Inverter
SMA is now offering free monitoring for life for its Sunny Boy 240-US micro inverters purchased during 2014 in North America. The offer is active for the inverter’s entire lifecycle. This monitoring package includes the Sunny Multigate-US and Sunny Portal.
The Sunny Multigate-US provides reliable, distortion-free communication between the Sunny Boy 240-US and Sunny Portal by keeping the powerline communications on a private band. This allows the Sunny Portal web-based PV monitoring platform to provide real-time data. Advances in module-level monitoring data provide a granular look at system performance and allows swift correction should there be an issue with an individual panel.
SMA says some other manufacturers charge upwards of $249 for module-level monitoring.
The Sunny Boy 240-US is ideal for systems and rooftops with complex, shaded situations, providing improved cabling that eliminates the need for a trunk and branch cabling scheme.
Photo courtesy of SMA America and SMA Canada
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection