SMA Wins 17.5 MW Inverter Order for Commercial PV Installations
SoCore Energy, a solar development company, has selected SMA to supply 17.5 MW of commercial-scale inverters. SoCore chose the Sunny Tripower TL-US three-phase, transformerless inverter for 44 solar PV commercial projects nationwide.
End users include movie theaters, shipping and retail chains. Located in six states across the US, the installations will have an average system size of 410 kW and will be powered by the Sunny Tripower 20000TL-US and 24000TL-US. All of the projects will be online by early this year.
Last week SMA said it is anticipating a difficult fiscal year 2015, a decline in sales and layoffs of about 1,600 employees by June, reports SolarNovus. SMA cited pricing pressure in the global market with a decline in demand in Europe. The company does expect solar markets outside of Europe to continue to grow.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year