Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
Navigant Research estimates that the retrofit market for small and medium (size) commercial buildings (SMCBs) – those as large as 100,000 square feet – will grow from $24.1 billion this year to $38.6 billion in 2025.
The press release points out the diversity of these structures and claims that the category has not seen the investment in energy efficiency of larger buildings. The challenges have been lack of customer education, the perceived riskiness of retrofit financing and the split in incentive between owners and tenants.
However, the focus is expected to move to this sector as the larger building market becomes saturated. Cumulatively, the release points out, the SMCB market is the largest.
Last year, a round table reported on at Consulting-Specifying Engineer concluded that the energy profile of commercial buildings is changing.
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future