Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
Navigant Research estimates that the retrofit market for small and medium (size) commercial buildings (SMCBs) – those as large as 100,000 square feet – will grow from $24.1 billion this year to $38.6 billion in 2025.
The press release points out the diversity of these structures and claims that the category has not seen the investment in energy efficiency of larger buildings. The challenges have been lack of customer education, the perceived riskiness of retrofit financing and the split in incentive between owners and tenants.
However, the focus is expected to move to this sector as the larger building market becomes saturated. Cumulatively, the release points out, the SMCB market is the largest.
Last year, a round table reported on at Consulting-Specifying Engineer concluded that the energy profile of commercial buildings is changing.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year