Smaller Federal Facilities Install Solar, HVAC via FEMP
The Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) is expanding its Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) ENABLE program to include two new energy conservation measures: solar photovoltaic and simple one-for-one HVAC system replacement (small building systems). This expansion will allow small, federal facilities the opportunity to further upgrade their sites, while still following the streamlined ESPC ENABLE process.
Examples of equipment that may be included under these new energy conservation measures include:
- Ground, roof, or parking canopy mounted
- Fixed and tracking arrays
- Grid-tied and off-grid
HVAC System Replacement
- Window air conditioner units/electric baseboard heat
- Split air conditioner/furnace
- Heat pumps
- Roof top units
ESPC ENABLE provides a standardized and streamlined process for small, federal facilities to install targeted, energy conservation measures in six months or less. Projects are administered through the General Services Administration. ESPC ENABLE offers the same benefits as a conventional ESPC while at the same time, taking advantage of the GSA Schedule and its set of pre-qualified vendors and pre-negotiated pricing. This allows for a faster selection process so that a project can be designed and installed quickly.
Other, traditional ESPC benefits include:
- Zero upfront capital costs to the agency
- Guaranteed energy cost savings that exceeds annual payment
- Prescribed measurement and verification to ensure savings is achieved
- Standard tools and contract templates to ensure consistency and project replication
- Extensive project assistance and technical support from FEMP experts.
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room