Smaller Federal Facilities Install Solar, HVAC via FEMP
The Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) is expanding its Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) ENABLE program to include two new energy conservation measures: solar photovoltaic and simple one-for-one HVAC system replacement (small building systems). This expansion will allow small, federal facilities the opportunity to further upgrade their sites, while still following the streamlined ESPC ENABLE process.
Examples of equipment that may be included under these new energy conservation measures include:
- Ground, roof, or parking canopy mounted
- Fixed and tracking arrays
- Grid-tied and off-grid
HVAC System Replacement
- Window air conditioner units/electric baseboard heat
- Split air conditioner/furnace
- Heat pumps
- Roof top units
ESPC ENABLE provides a standardized and streamlined process for small, federal facilities to install targeted, energy conservation measures in six months or less. Projects are administered through the General Services Administration. ESPC ENABLE offers the same benefits as a conventional ESPC while at the same time, taking advantage of the GSA Schedule and its set of pre-qualified vendors and pre-negotiated pricing. This allows for a faster selection process so that a project can be designed and installed quickly.
Other, traditional ESPC benefits include:
- Zero upfront capital costs to the agency
- Guaranteed energy cost savings that exceeds annual payment
- Prescribed measurement and verification to ensure savings is achieved
- Standard tools and contract templates to ensure consistency and project replication
- Extensive project assistance and technical support from FEMP experts.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing