Smaller Federal Facilities Install Solar, HVAC via FEMP
The Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP) is expanding its Energy Savings Performance Contract (ESPC) ENABLE program to include two new energy conservation measures: solar photovoltaic and simple one-for-one HVAC system replacement (small building systems). This expansion will allow small, federal facilities the opportunity to further upgrade their sites, while still following the streamlined ESPC ENABLE process.
Examples of equipment that may be included under these new energy conservation measures include:
- Ground, roof, or parking canopy mounted
- Fixed and tracking arrays
- Grid-tied and off-grid
HVAC System Replacement
- Window air conditioner units/electric baseboard heat
- Split air conditioner/furnace
- Heat pumps
- Roof top units
ESPC ENABLE provides a standardized and streamlined process for small, federal facilities to install targeted, energy conservation measures in six months or less. Projects are administered through the General Services Administration. ESPC ENABLE offers the same benefits as a conventional ESPC while at the same time, taking advantage of the GSA Schedule and its set of pre-qualified vendors and pre-negotiated pricing. This allows for a faster selection process so that a project can be designed and installed quickly.
Other, traditional ESPC benefits include:
- Zero upfront capital costs to the agency
- Guaranteed energy cost savings that exceeds annual payment
- Prescribed measurement and verification to ensure savings is achieved
- Standard tools and contract templates to ensure consistency and project replication
- Extensive project assistance and technical support from FEMP experts.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management