Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
Three energy companies in Europe announced Regalgrid Europe s.r.l., a joint venture that aims to create a new generation of smart grids around the world. The partners are Regal Grid s.r.l., Archeide SICAV SIF – Empower Fund and Upsolar.
The press release says that Realgrid Europe will use proprietary algorithms and patented technology to design, develop and operate advanced regional smart grid networks. Each of these, the release says, will be able to generate, store and consume energy locally. These networks can be used for residential, commercial and industrial applications. They will offer more efficient use of renewable energy, shorter transmission distance, right-sizing according to local needs and lower energy costs, the release says.
There are very specific things that users want in their smart grids. Nathan Shannon, the Deputy Director of the Smart Grid Consumer Collaborative, wrote a post last month at Energy Manager Today that explored some of the major themes in the organizations research.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management