Smart Lighting in Parking Garage Nets 3 Month ROI
Real estate developer Belz Enterprises is installing vapor tight florescent fixtures equipped with Green Ballast’s patented fluorescent light ballasts in a structured parking garage facility in Memphis, Tenn. The new fixtures will reduce electric lighting usage in the facility by up to 72 percent per year, with Belz receiving a payback on its investment in less than three months for fixtures which have a ten year life expectancy.
The new ballasts are a direct replacement for the existing standard ballasts and adjust power consumption for each lighting fixture, while measuring and harvesting available daylight to calculate and provide only the amount of needed electricity for proper lighting, which is important in parking garages where the lights are on 24/7, and electricity is a major component of the owner or operator’s costs.
Green Ballast’s product is plug and play, with controls in each ballast.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Building Energy Intelligence
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management