Smart Lighting in Parking Garage Nets 3 Month ROI
Real estate developer Belz Enterprises is installing vapor tight florescent fixtures equipped with Green Ballast’s patented fluorescent light ballasts in a structured parking garage facility in Memphis, Tenn. The new fixtures will reduce electric lighting usage in the facility by up to 72 percent per year, with Belz receiving a payback on its investment in less than three months for fixtures which have a ten year life expectancy.
The new ballasts are a direct replacement for the existing standard ballasts and adjust power consumption for each lighting fixture, while measuring and harvesting available daylight to calculate and provide only the amount of needed electricity for proper lighting, which is important in parking garages where the lights are on 24/7, and electricity is a major component of the owner or operator’s costs.
Green Ballast’s product is plug and play, with controls in each ballast.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection