Smart Meters Catch Fire, Again
Canadian utility SaskPower has temporarily suspended its new smart meter installations while it investigates the cause of six smart meter fires.
SaskPower says, “It’s important to note that in all cases the problem has been contained to the location of the meter.”
Smart meter installations will resume when SaskPower has concluded investigations and is comfortable that all risks have been mitigated as fully as possible.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy