Smart Meters Catch Fire, Again
Canadian utility SaskPower has temporarily suspended its new smart meter installations while it investigates the cause of six smart meter fires.
SaskPower says, “It’s important to note that in all cases the problem has been contained to the location of the meter.”
Smart meter installations will resume when SaskPower has concluded investigations and is comfortable that all risks have been mitigated as fully as possible.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape