Smart Meters Catch Fire, Again
Canadian utility SaskPower has temporarily suspended its new smart meter installations while it investigates the cause of six smart meter fires.
SaskPower says, “It’s important to note that in all cases the problem has been contained to the location of the meter.”
Smart meter installations will resume when SaskPower has concluded investigations and is comfortable that all risks have been mitigated as fully as possible.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection