Smart Meters Catch Fire, Again
Canadian utility SaskPower has temporarily suspended its new smart meter installations while it investigates the cause of six smart meter fires.
SaskPower says, “It’s important to note that in all cases the problem has been contained to the location of the meter.”
Smart meter installations will resume when SaskPower has concluded investigations and is comfortable that all risks have been mitigated as fully as possible.
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Combined Heat and Power