Smart Outlet Shuts Off When Room Unoccupied
Telkonet rolled out the EcoGuard intelligent power outlet, which stops the flow of electricity to lights and plug load devices when a room is unoccupied.
EcoGuard communicates with Telkonet’s EcoSmart energy management system to determine occupancy and report detailed statistics back to the cloud-based EcoCentral Command Center to monitor energy usage data and real-time savings information. In addition, the EcoGuard has a built-in true power meter to monitor cost, voltage, amperage, kWh, and other metrics that provide data for energy use analysis.
Telkonet offers HVAC controls hardware, software and services to commercial customers worldwide. The EcoSmart suite of products, which includes EcoInsight and EcoWave intelligent thermostats, the EcoGuard energy management outlet and the EcoSwitch energy-efficient light switch, are deployed in building environments to cut utility costs and enable remote monitoring and control using the EcoCentral management platform.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data