Smart Thermostat Learns Room Energy Needs
Telkonet has created an EcoInsight intelligent thermostat with over 125 configurable settings to control the efficiency of HVAC systems.
The thermostat calculates room comfort by aggregating data like time of day, solar load, brightness, humidity and occupancy patterns. Using the internal infrared occupancy sensor, the EcoInsight determines when a space is occupied or vacant and reverts to preset temperature limits or engages the integral patented Recovery Time algorithm to limit temperature drift, maximize equipment life and maintain occupant comfort while reducing energy consumption.
The EcoInsight is equipped with a ZigBee transceiver to create a wireless mesh network that communicates with a myriad of wireless building control devices and the cloud-based EcoCentral Virtual Engineer Command Center. The EcoSmart network can also be fully integrated with BACnet control devices and equipment.
The EcoInsight achieves energy efficiency by allowing control of setpoint ranges, mode selections, setback temperature limits and data from integrated property management systems, weather and utility demand pricing sites. Internal data loggers measure over 40 various runtime metrics, and when linked to EcoCentral Virtual Engineer, can produce room and site-wide detailed measurement, verification and analytics.
The EcoInsight provides universal HVAC system compatibility and can be installed on packaged terminal air conditioners, fan coils, heat pumps and split systems. The installation of an EcoSmart system can qualify for up to 22 LEED points and receive reimbursements from Utility efficiency rebate and incentive programs.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- BuildingIQ Security
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement