SmartADR MarriesTraditional Demand Response with Price Response
Texzon Utilities, a national energy management and procurement firm, unveiled its SmartADR, automated curtailment software. The SmartADR controller watches out for high prices, allowing companies to avoid spikes. The system covers each step in the demand response process, including:
- Load control and market awareness;
- Event notification;
- Real-time load reduction and automatic load restoration;
- Reporting of load reduction and monetary benefits associated with participating.
SmartADR combines traditional demand response, driven by curtailment needs of utilities, with price response, driven by building owners to avoid high costs. Good candidates for SmartADR would be companies or institutions with a monthly peak demand above 200 kilowatts, regardless of the facility type, says Texzon.
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control