SmartADR MarriesTraditional Demand Response with Price Response
Texzon Utilities, a national energy management and procurement firm, unveiled its SmartADR, automated curtailment software. The SmartADR controller watches out for high prices, allowing companies to avoid spikes. The system covers each step in the demand response process, including:
- Load control and market awareness;
- Event notification;
- Real-time load reduction and automatic load restoration;
- Reporting of load reduction and monetary benefits associated with participating.
SmartADR combines traditional demand response, driven by curtailment needs of utilities, with price response, driven by building owners to avoid high costs. Good candidates for SmartADR would be companies or institutions with a monthly peak demand above 200 kilowatts, regardless of the facility type, says Texzon.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management