SmartADR MarriesTraditional Demand Response with Price Response
Texzon Utilities, a national energy management and procurement firm, unveiled its SmartADR, automated curtailment software. The SmartADR controller watches out for high prices, allowing companies to avoid spikes. The system covers each step in the demand response process, including:
- Load control and market awareness;
- Event notification;
- Real-time load reduction and automatic load restoration;
- Reporting of load reduction and monetary benefits associated with participating.
SmartADR combines traditional demand response, driven by curtailment needs of utilities, with price response, driven by building owners to avoid high costs. Good candidates for SmartADR would be companies or institutions with a monthly peak demand above 200 kilowatts, regardless of the facility type, says Texzon.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement