Smartphone App Monitors Energy
Powerhouse Dynamics, the creator of the eMonitor energy and asset management system, has released a new version of its eMonitor mobile app that adds features for managers of commercial facilities as well as homeowners.The mobile app, which is available for the iPhone and Android platforms, enables users to see real-time equipment operating profiles. For example, a facility manager who receives a report of a malfunctioning roof-top HVAC unit can view the status of the unit via a smartphone to determine the best course of action for resolving the issue.
The latest eMonitor app release includes support for Powerhouse Dynamics’ commercial thermostat that enables up to 8 different set points per day, allowing managers the ability to fine tune heating and cooling systems.
The eMonitor works by connecting to the user’s circuit breaker panel with sensors that clamp around each circuit. Data is then wirelessly transmitted from within the circuit breaker panel to a gateway, which then sends the data over the facility’s internet connection to the Powerhouse Dynamics servers.
Powerhouse’s e-Monitor system first became available in 2010 and was targeted toward residential users. In 2011, Powerhouse released its eMonitor c-Series, focusing more on small businesses.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management