Smartphone App Monitors Energy
Powerhouse Dynamics, the creator of the eMonitor energy and asset management system, has released a new version of its eMonitor mobile app that adds features for managers of commercial facilities as well as homeowners.The mobile app, which is available for the iPhone and Android platforms, enables users to see real-time equipment operating profiles. For example, a facility manager who receives a report of a malfunctioning roof-top HVAC unit can view the status of the unit via a smartphone to determine the best course of action for resolving the issue.
The latest eMonitor app release includes support for Powerhouse Dynamics’ commercial thermostat that enables up to 8 different set points per day, allowing managers the ability to fine tune heating and cooling systems.
The eMonitor works by connecting to the user’s circuit breaker panel with sensors that clamp around each circuit. Data is then wirelessly transmitted from within the circuit breaker panel to a gateway, which then sends the data over the facility’s internet connection to the Powerhouse Dynamics servers.
Powerhouse’s e-Monitor system first became available in 2010 and was targeted toward residential users. In 2011, Powerhouse released its eMonitor c-Series, focusing more on small businesses.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions