Smartphone App Monitors Energy
Powerhouse Dynamics, the creator of the eMonitor energy and asset management system, has released a new version of its eMonitor mobile app that adds features for managers of commercial facilities as well as homeowners.The mobile app, which is available for the iPhone and Android platforms, enables users to see real-time equipment operating profiles. For example, a facility manager who receives a report of a malfunctioning roof-top HVAC unit can view the status of the unit via a smartphone to determine the best course of action for resolving the issue.
The latest eMonitor app release includes support for Powerhouse Dynamics’ commercial thermostat that enables up to 8 different set points per day, allowing managers the ability to fine tune heating and cooling systems.
The eMonitor works by connecting to the user’s circuit breaker panel with sensors that clamp around each circuit. Data is then wirelessly transmitted from within the circuit breaker panel to a gateway, which then sends the data over the facility’s internet connection to the Powerhouse Dynamics servers.
Powerhouse’s e-Monitor system first became available in 2010 and was targeted toward residential users. In 2011, Powerhouse released its eMonitor c-Series, focusing more on small businesses.
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems