Smartphone App Monitors Energy
Powerhouse Dynamics, the creator of the eMonitor energy and asset management system, has released a new version of its eMonitor mobile app that adds features for managers of commercial facilities as well as homeowners.The mobile app, which is available for the iPhone and Android platforms, enables users to see real-time equipment operating profiles. For example, a facility manager who receives a report of a malfunctioning roof-top HVAC unit can view the status of the unit via a smartphone to determine the best course of action for resolving the issue.
The latest eMonitor app release includes support for Powerhouse Dynamics’ commercial thermostat that enables up to 8 different set points per day, allowing managers the ability to fine tune heating and cooling systems.
The eMonitor works by connecting to the user’s circuit breaker panel with sensors that clamp around each circuit. Data is then wirelessly transmitted from within the circuit breaker panel to a gateway, which then sends the data over the facility’s internet connection to the Powerhouse Dynamics servers.
Powerhouse’s e-Monitor system first became available in 2010 and was targeted toward residential users. In 2011, Powerhouse released its eMonitor c-Series, focusing more on small businesses.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data