SMUD Selects Opower, FirstFuel to Engage Business Customers
Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) has selected Opower for a multi-year partnership to deliver personalized communications to residential, commercial and industrial customers. SMUD will replace a set of existing systems with the Opower platform.
Opower will deliver an integrated Web portal across all of SMUD’s nearly 625,000 residential and commercial customers, enabling them to gain personalized insights into their energy usage, including information on energy use by category and appliance as well as specific tips tailored to individual homes and businesses. Opower will also offer customers points, rankings and rewards to further motivate customers to take action.
In addition, Opower’s partner FirstFuel Software will use Opower’s suite of APIs to integrate with the Opower platform and provide SMUD’s commercial and industrial customers with tools and information to make smarter energy management decisions. With the integration, SMUD will see a unified view of data across its customer programs that can help inform program decisions and improve outcomes.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws