Software Correlates Energy Use With Occupant Behavior
Seldera has launched Building Dynamics, a platform to help building owners and managers track and reduce building energy consumption.
Building Dynamics correlates energy demand with occupant behavior to give users insights on reducing waste.
Building Dynamics consists of a system of lightweight meters and sensors that monitor building conditions while extracting patterns of tenant and occupant use. An online analytics component then examines the data to identify opportunities for savings. Building owners and managers can view the data at any time via a secure online portal and can also receive emails with recommendations for additional energy-saving opportunities.
Information collected by Building Dynamics can be used to make continuous adjustments to building management system controls. The software monitors the way occupants use energy and then reacts accordingly in real-time, making automatic adjustments to lighting, heating and cooling systems and power equipment. Building Dynamics also quantifies the savings resulting from those adjustments.
Building Dynamics has industrial and commercial uses, allowing building owners and managers to customize schedules to occupant activities, separate building and manufacturing loads, track energy performance during upgrades, automate savings and make better operating decisions.
Schools can use Building Dynamics to monitor performance from a central location, identify conservation projects and exploit frequently changing schedules to realize savings.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- Support Lean Manufacturing Principles with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing