Software Correlates Energy Use With Occupant Behavior
Seldera has launched Building Dynamics, a platform to help building owners and managers track and reduce building energy consumption.
Building Dynamics correlates energy demand with occupant behavior to give users insights on reducing waste.
Building Dynamics consists of a system of lightweight meters and sensors that monitor building conditions while extracting patterns of tenant and occupant use. An online analytics component then examines the data to identify opportunities for savings. Building owners and managers can view the data at any time via a secure online portal and can also receive emails with recommendations for additional energy-saving opportunities.
Information collected by Building Dynamics can be used to make continuous adjustments to building management system controls. The software monitors the way occupants use energy and then reacts accordingly in real-time, making automatic adjustments to lighting, heating and cooling systems and power equipment. Building Dynamics also quantifies the savings resulting from those adjustments.
Building Dynamics has industrial and commercial uses, allowing building owners and managers to customize schedules to occupant activities, separate building and manufacturing loads, track energy performance during upgrades, automate savings and make better operating decisions.
Schools can use Building Dynamics to monitor performance from a central location, identify conservation projects and exploit frequently changing schedules to realize savings.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year