Software Correlates Energy Use With Occupant Behavior
Seldera has launched Building Dynamics, a platform to help building owners and managers track and reduce building energy consumption.
Building Dynamics correlates energy demand with occupant behavior to give users insights on reducing waste.
Building Dynamics consists of a system of lightweight meters and sensors that monitor building conditions while extracting patterns of tenant and occupant use. An online analytics component then examines the data to identify opportunities for savings. Building owners and managers can view the data at any time via a secure online portal and can also receive emails with recommendations for additional energy-saving opportunities.
Information collected by Building Dynamics can be used to make continuous adjustments to building management system controls. The software monitors the way occupants use energy and then reacts accordingly in real-time, making automatic adjustments to lighting, heating and cooling systems and power equipment. Building Dynamics also quantifies the savings resulting from those adjustments.
Building Dynamics has industrial and commercial uses, allowing building owners and managers to customize schedules to occupant activities, separate building and manufacturing loads, track energy performance during upgrades, automate savings and make better operating decisions.
Schools can use Building Dynamics to monitor performance from a central location, identify conservation projects and exploit frequently changing schedules to realize savings.
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room