Software Ensures Emergency Power Works When Needed
Murata Energy Solutions Americas announced its new PowerConnect Emergency Power Supply System (EPSS), developed exclusively for the automated generator and automatic transfer switch (ATS) monitoring and testing market.
As background, emergency onsite generating assets are a critical piece of facility equipment and provide an invaluable service when called upon, but the generators and ATSs need to operate when there is that demand. However, Murata says statistics show that EPSS systems fail to operate in almost 30 percent of these crucial times. PowerConnect EPSS provides users with information regarding generating assets, as well as the ATSs, to improve the reliability of the information and control system.
PowerConnect EPSS combines a cloud-based platform with industrial wireless technology to automate the monitoring and testing of both generators and ATSs. When problems occur, PowerConnect EPSS has the ability to send emails or text messages alerting users of the issue and also has a rules engine that allows users to have the Murata solution send commands to the equipment to stop the generator or switch an ATS to reduce the load.
PowerConnect EPSS also automates, records, and reports tests of the generators and ATSs. The process adheres to the Joint Commission and EPA rules and regulations.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds