Solar Activated Tinting Glass Needs No Electronics
Innovative Glass Corp has added SolarSmart to its eGlass product line.
SolarSmart is a self-tinting glass that automatically darkens in the presence of direct sunlight to block heat, glare and ultraviolet light. The dynamic glass is 100 percent solar activated, powered and controlled, requiring no wires, electronics, external power or user involvement, which simplifies installation, and maximizes potential energy savings, says the company.
SolarSmart features a proprietary interlayer, which responds to the heat of the sun. The product has passed NREL’s durability and exposure tests.
Innovative Glass says buildings with SolarSmart can save up to 22 percent of installed equipment costs, supporting a quick return on investment.
The SolarSmart net-zero-energy glazing solution contributes to LEED credits in six categories.
SolarSmart is available in the form of insulated glass units for curtainwalls, atriums and OEM applications, as well as complete windows, doors and skylights for contractor installation.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management