Solar Activated Tinting Glass Needs No Electronics
Innovative Glass Corp has added SolarSmart to its eGlass product line.
SolarSmart is a self-tinting glass that automatically darkens in the presence of direct sunlight to block heat, glare and ultraviolet light. The dynamic glass is 100 percent solar activated, powered and controlled, requiring no wires, electronics, external power or user involvement, which simplifies installation, and maximizes potential energy savings, says the company.
SolarSmart features a proprietary interlayer, which responds to the heat of the sun. The product has passed NREL’s durability and exposure tests.
Innovative Glass says buildings with SolarSmart can save up to 22 percent of installed equipment costs, supporting a quick return on investment.
The SolarSmart net-zero-energy glazing solution contributes to LEED credits in six categories.
SolarSmart is available in the form of insulated glass units for curtainwalls, atriums and OEM applications, as well as complete windows, doors and skylights for contractor installation.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- LED Myths and Facts
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Smarter Asset Management for the Nuclear Power Imperative
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing