Solar Blends with Surroundings at Resort
Starwood Hotels & Resorts, in partnership with NRG Energy, is installing about 2,000 solar panels at The Phoenician resort in Scottsdale, Ariz. The 568 kW solar installation will offset a portion of The Phoenician’s energy demand.
Design was core to the project – from panel placements, which work with the terrain to create airflow, to the structure’s accent colors that blend into the natural surroundings. The panels also provide shading and outdoor event space.
This project is the first of several between NRG and Starwood. The partnership will also incorporate solar installations at The Westin St. John Resort in the US Virgin Islands and The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka’anapali. Together, all three installations are expected to provide more than 2 MW.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds