Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
The Volvo Group North America’s Hagerstown, MD manufacturing facility has unveiled a solar canopy over its parking lot. The Volvo Group – which manufactures powertrains at the facility – worked with ConEdison Solutions and Entropy Solar Integrators on the project.
The canopy covers the north lot of the facility. It contains about 5,000 solar panels that produce 1.3 MW of electricity. That amount of electricity is equality to gas emissions from about 236 passenger vehicles, according to Volvo. The project began a year ago and was completed this summer. The Volvo Group has a 20 year contract with ConEdison Solutions to purchase the electricity.
On the other side of the country, SunEdison said that it has completed three solar canopy systems for Fremont, CA. The systems will generate 1.2 MW of electricity. The city signed a 20-year power purchase agreement with the company under the auspices of the Alameda County’s Regional Renewable Energy Procurement Program (R-REP). Expectations are that the city will save $2.6 million dollars and cut more than 5 percent of its emissions during the life of the contract.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management