Solar Canopy Provides Shade, Charges Devices
Element Hotels collaborated with Sistine Solar to produce an exclusive solar canopy for the Element brand. Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport is the first hotel to install the nature-themed, custom designed charging station that allows guests to relax as they recharge their devices through the power of sunlight. Additionally, the canopy has integrated LEDs that allow for nighttime illumination.
By using techniques from a wide range of disciplines – including mosaic art, solar photovoltaics and optics – Sistine has developed SolarSkin, a patent-pending technology to create solar panels of any design, pattern or color.
Sistine Solar says instead of hiding solar panels where no one will see them, it designs panels to be admired up close.
Element plants to expand the solar canopy to all 16 of its hotels
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles