Solar Contracts: Patterson, California; Bellingham, Massachusetts
The City of Patterson, Calif., has entered into an agreement with Chevron Energy Solutions, which will include solar installations and energy efficiency programs such as replacing streetlights with LED fixtures.
Chevron Energy Solutions will install solar panels to generate power for the city’s sewage treatment plants, corporation yard, and senior and aquatic centers. It is anticipated the solar installations will provide over 90 percent of the facilities’ energy requirements. Changing streetlights to more efficient LED fixtures is also expected to save over $200,000 per year in electricity expense.
In addition, the city and Chevron Energy Solutions have engaged WattzOn, a community-based energy-efficiency non-profit, to help residents and business owners identify free and low-cost ways to reduce their energy use through free energy audits. The collaboration, to be called The Capacity Project, will also build workforce capacity in cleantech and energy by training and hiring Patterson high school students as energy auditors, being paid $14/hour.
In other news, Washington Gas Energy Systems has signed a contract with the town of Bellingham, Mass., to build, own and operate a 3,802-kW solar array to provide an expected annual output of 4,800 MWh renewable energy for the town. The ground-mounted installation will consist of 12,672 panels. Washington Gas Energy Systems will own and operate the solar facility under a 20-year power purchase agreement. The project was developed by NextSun Energy and will be engineered and constructed by Gehrlicher Solar. Construction of the project began in March 2013 and will be complete in late June 2013.
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 5 Must-Have Utility Billing Alerts
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Beyond Equipment Management by Spreadsheets
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems