Solar Financing Program Launched for Commercial Businesses
Solar service provider Conergy launched a fund that provides financing to large-scale construction projects in the United States. The fund has an initial target volume of $100 million and backing by Conergy’s main investor, Kawa Capital Management.
The Conergy Fund I provides financing for solar power plants and qualified commercial projects with renewable energy capabilities between 500 kW and 25 MW. The fund is aimed at mid-to-large size organizations such as municipalities, school districts, utility companies, and investment-grade corporations.
Access to competitive financing that can monetize local and federal incentives is a key barrier to the widespread adoption of solar photovolatics (PV) via PPAs – only about 40 percent of commercial buildings or power plants are able to secure this financing. The Fund bridges this gap by removing the funding barrier that has historically hampered organizations from installing photovoltaic (PV) systems on their facilities.
Through the fund Conergy and its partners also provide project development and engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services, including engineering, design, and subsequent operations and maintenance management.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement