Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
The Brooklyn Navy Yard in New York City this week unveiled a project featuring 3,152 rooftop solar panels.
The installation was done by ConEdison Solutions, which will operate and maintain the panels. They will generate 1.1 million kWh of energy annually. The ConEdison Solutions press release says that the installation, which is on the roof of Building 293 of the yard, is one of the largest in the city.
The Brooklyn Navy Yard is a not-for-profit commercial development on the site of the former military installation. The press release says that the project was completely financed by $625,863.83 in grants from The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA).
Last month, New York University’s Center for Urban Science Progress and Urban Green released a report with evidence gathered in New York City suggesting that providing energy use information to people tends to promote efficiency.
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control