Solar Offsets 75% of Vignolo Farm’s Cold Storage
REC Solar completed a 1 MW solar energy system for Vignolo Farms in California’s San Joaquin Valley. Vignolo Farms will offset 75 percent of its energy use at its cold storage facility with the four-acre array.
Vignolo Farms produces wine grapes and organic potatoes via sustainable agricultural practices.
REC Solar completed the installation on time and on budget, while working around the demands of a working farm. In addition to Vignolo Farms, REC says it has installed solar systems for more than 24 large and small growers and cold storage facilities throughout the state, including Delano Growers, Peter Rabbit Farms and Amaral Ranches.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management