Solar Offsets 75% of Vignolo Farm’s Cold Storage
REC Solar completed a 1 MW solar energy system for Vignolo Farms in California’s San Joaquin Valley. Vignolo Farms will offset 75 percent of its energy use at its cold storage facility with the four-acre array.
Vignolo Farms produces wine grapes and organic potatoes via sustainable agricultural practices.
REC Solar completed the installation on time and on budget, while working around the demands of a working farm. In addition to Vignolo Farms, REC says it has installed solar systems for more than 24 large and small growers and cold storage facilities throughout the state, including Delano Growers, Peter Rabbit Farms and Amaral Ranches.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement