Solar-Powered Gate Provides After-Hours Access
Green Gate Access Systems installed a solar-powered gate at waste management company, Agrivert in Surrey, UK. Some Agrivert employees need access to the site after hours, when the gates are locked for security purposes.
The solar-powered double gate automation features a 6-way GSM intercom, key code and daily open timer. With solar panels designed to operate the gate up to 100 times per day (even mid-winter), the solar, combined with the GSM intercom allows the gate automation full capability of operating at this busy, high-security site, without any power.
Agrivert converts food waste from London restaurants and businesses in an anaerobic digester, which is converted into methane and then electricity.
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data