Solar-Powered Gate Provides After-Hours Access
Green Gate Access Systems installed a solar-powered gate at waste management company, Agrivert in Surrey, UK. Some Agrivert employees need access to the site after hours, when the gates are locked for security purposes.
The solar-powered double gate automation features a 6-way GSM intercom, key code and daily open timer. With solar panels designed to operate the gate up to 100 times per day (even mid-winter), the solar, combined with the GSM intercom allows the gate automation full capability of operating at this busy, high-security site, without any power.
Agrivert converts food waste from London restaurants and businesses in an anaerobic digester, which is converted into methane and then electricity.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book