Solar-Powered Gate Provides After-Hours Access
Green Gate Access Systems installed a solar-powered gate at waste management company, Agrivert in Surrey, UK. Some Agrivert employees need access to the site after hours, when the gates are locked for security purposes.
The solar-powered double gate automation features a 6-way GSM intercom, key code and daily open timer. With solar panels designed to operate the gate up to 100 times per day (even mid-winter), the solar, combined with the GSM intercom allows the gate automation full capability of operating at this busy, high-security site, without any power.
Agrivert converts food waste from London restaurants and businesses in an anaerobic digester, which is converted into methane and then electricity.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls