Solar Powers LED Street Lights
Petra Solar has changed its name to Petra Systems and plans to expand its strategic focus beyond solar generation to deliver smart city applications, especially LED street lights powered by solar.
Petra Systems introduced the Petra Smart City Solution, a smart pole system that connects street lights, energy generation, surveillance, data, and communication networks to a city’s public works department.
The company says electricity bills from street lights are one of the largest expenses for municipalities, and cities recognize the benefits of LED retrofit programs to reduce energy. Petra sees an opportunity to strengthen smart city projects with LED retrofits and LED light controllers combined with the revenue generated by solar power production.
As part of the Petra SCS introduction, the company has launched the Municipal Pilot Program, giving qualified municipalities the ability to deploy a proof-of-concept pilot network consisting of up to 10 Petra SCS systems at no charge.
The Petra SCS system includes:
- Smart light controller system comprised of smart transceivers that control individual street light ballasts
- A grid-connected solar power generator
- Wireless networking capabilities with multiple bandwidth options
- Street light network gateways
- Battery backup to manage operations during grid interruption.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection