Solar Powers LED Street Lights
Petra Solar has changed its name to Petra Systems and plans to expand its strategic focus beyond solar generation to deliver smart city applications, especially LED street lights powered by solar.
Petra Systems introduced the Petra Smart City Solution, a smart pole system that connects street lights, energy generation, surveillance, data, and communication networks to a city’s public works department.
The company says electricity bills from street lights are one of the largest expenses for municipalities, and cities recognize the benefits of LED retrofit programs to reduce energy. Petra sees an opportunity to strengthen smart city projects with LED retrofits and LED light controllers combined with the revenue generated by solar power production.
As part of the Petra SCS introduction, the company has launched the Municipal Pilot Program, giving qualified municipalities the ability to deploy a proof-of-concept pilot network consisting of up to 10 Petra SCS systems at no charge.
The Petra SCS system includes:
- Smart light controller system comprised of smart transceivers that control individual street light ballasts
- A grid-connected solar power generator
- Wireless networking capabilities with multiple bandwidth options
- Street light network gateways
- Battery backup to manage operations during grid interruption.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement