Solar Powers Mazda R&D Center
Mitsubishi Electric PV modules are now powering automotive research and development at Mazda North America’s Research & Development facility in Irvine, Calif.
Mitsubishi Electric supplied Mazda with 1,222 PV modules for a 317 kW system that is expected to deliver more than 489,684 kWh annually – half of the facility’s power needs – while cutting its electric bill in half.
Solar installation firm Sun Integration of Sherman Oaks, Calif., installed Mazda’s PV system, which also includes a Solectria Renewables inverter and Orion Solar Racking.
The project was financed in part by the federal business energy investment tax credit and the California Solar Initiative rebate.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Let's Do The Math for DR