Solar Powers Mazda R&D Center
Mitsubishi Electric PV modules are now powering automotive research and development at Mazda North America’s Research & Development facility in Irvine, Calif.
Mitsubishi Electric supplied Mazda with 1,222 PV modules for a 317 kW system that is expected to deliver more than 489,684 kWh annually – half of the facility’s power needs – while cutting its electric bill in half.
Solar installation firm Sun Integration of Sherman Oaks, Calif., installed Mazda’s PV system, which also includes a Solectria Renewables inverter and Orion Solar Racking.
The project was financed in part by the federal business energy investment tax credit and the California Solar Initiative rebate.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement