Solar Powers Mazda R&D Center
Mitsubishi Electric PV modules are now powering automotive research and development at Mazda North America’s Research & Development facility in Irvine, Calif.
Mitsubishi Electric supplied Mazda with 1,222 PV modules for a 317 kW system that is expected to deliver more than 489,684 kWh annually – half of the facility’s power needs – while cutting its electric bill in half.
Solar installation firm Sun Integration of Sherman Oaks, Calif., installed Mazda’s PV system, which also includes a Solectria Renewables inverter and Orion Solar Racking.
The project was financed in part by the federal business energy investment tax credit and the California Solar Initiative rebate.
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement