Solar Projects Online
Two solar projects in California owned and operated by Washington Gas Energy Systems are complete and ready to generate energy for separate educational institutions.
Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, Calif., and Corcoran Unified School District in Corcoran, Calif., are holding dedication ceremonies this week. Systems have 20-year power purchase agreements.
The solar array at Western University was unveiled at an event held at the school Tuesday. The 672-kilowatt, campus-based project consists of a roof-mounted system composed of 2,688 solar panels affixed to three buildings, and a carport system with solar panels located at one of the parking areas. It is expected to generate approximately 1,110 MWh of solar energy per year.
Corcoran Unified School District will unveil its 1,269-kilowatt solar project on Friday. The solar array consists of 4,422 solar panels that span seven sites throughout the school district, including ground-mounted and carport systems at Bret Harte Elementary, the Corcoran Administration Building, Corcoran High School, Fremont School, John Muir School, The Learning Center and Mark Twain School. The project is expected to produce 2,125 MWh of solar energy per year, which will cover approximately 88 percent of the school district’s electricity needs.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- Integrated Building Optimization
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement