Solar Projects Online
Two solar projects in California owned and operated by Washington Gas Energy Systems are complete and ready to generate energy for separate educational institutions.
Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, Calif., and Corcoran Unified School District in Corcoran, Calif., are holding dedication ceremonies this week. Systems have 20-year power purchase agreements.
The solar array at Western University was unveiled at an event held at the school Tuesday. The 672-kilowatt, campus-based project consists of a roof-mounted system composed of 2,688 solar panels affixed to three buildings, and a carport system with solar panels located at one of the parking areas. It is expected to generate approximately 1,110 MWh of solar energy per year.
Corcoran Unified School District will unveil its 1,269-kilowatt solar project on Friday. The solar array consists of 4,422 solar panels that span seven sites throughout the school district, including ground-mounted and carport systems at Bret Harte Elementary, the Corcoran Administration Building, Corcoran High School, Fremont School, John Muir School, The Learning Center and Mark Twain School. The project is expected to produce 2,125 MWh of solar energy per year, which will cover approximately 88 percent of the school district’s electricity needs.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement