Solar Projects Online
Two solar projects in California owned and operated by Washington Gas Energy Systems are complete and ready to generate energy for separate educational institutions.
Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, Calif., and Corcoran Unified School District in Corcoran, Calif., are holding dedication ceremonies this week. Systems have 20-year power purchase agreements.
The solar array at Western University was unveiled at an event held at the school Tuesday. The 672-kilowatt, campus-based project consists of a roof-mounted system composed of 2,688 solar panels affixed to three buildings, and a carport system with solar panels located at one of the parking areas. It is expected to generate approximately 1,110 MWh of solar energy per year.
Corcoran Unified School District will unveil its 1,269-kilowatt solar project on Friday. The solar array consists of 4,422 solar panels that span seven sites throughout the school district, including ground-mounted and carport systems at Bret Harte Elementary, the Corcoran Administration Building, Corcoran High School, Fremont School, John Muir School, The Learning Center and Mark Twain School. The project is expected to produce 2,125 MWh of solar energy per year, which will cover approximately 88 percent of the school district’s electricity needs.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management