Solar Projects Online
Two solar projects in California owned and operated by Washington Gas Energy Systems are complete and ready to generate energy for separate educational institutions.
Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, Calif., and Corcoran Unified School District in Corcoran, Calif., are holding dedication ceremonies this week. Systems have 20-year power purchase agreements.
The solar array at Western University was unveiled at an event held at the school Tuesday. The 672-kilowatt, campus-based project consists of a roof-mounted system composed of 2,688 solar panels affixed to three buildings, and a carport system with solar panels located at one of the parking areas. It is expected to generate approximately 1,110 MWh of solar energy per year.
Corcoran Unified School District will unveil its 1,269-kilowatt solar project on Friday. The solar array consists of 4,422 solar panels that span seven sites throughout the school district, including ground-mounted and carport systems at Bret Harte Elementary, the Corcoran Administration Building, Corcoran High School, Fremont School, John Muir School, The Learning Center and Mark Twain School. The project is expected to produce 2,125 MWh of solar energy per year, which will cover approximately 88 percent of the school district’s electricity needs.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing