Solar Roundup: California Sets 2,071 MW Record, Lisbon University Installs Solar
California ISO said solar power in California set an all-time high output of 2,071 MW on June 7. The new record doubles the amount of solar power in California since September 2012 when solar peaked at 1,000 MW. California is the largest producer of solar power in the nation.
Conergy installed a 640 kW solar rooftop plant at Lisbon University in Portugal (pictured) in collaboration with Galp Energia and Capa. Conergy installed 2,600 of its “P-Series” modules in conjunction with 37 Conergy IPG T inverters on the roofs of the Psychology and Science Departments, the education faculty as well as on the refectory. The modules will be producing over one million kWh per year, about 6 percent of the overall energy requirements on the campus. Conergy recently installed a 1.2 MW plant with “P Series” modules on a carport at the University of Almería in neighbouring Spain.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management