Solar Roundup: California Sets 2,071 MW Record, Lisbon University Installs Solar
California ISO said solar power in California set an all-time high output of 2,071 MW on June 7. The new record doubles the amount of solar power in California since September 2012 when solar peaked at 1,000 MW. California is the largest producer of solar power in the nation.
Conergy installed a 640 kW solar rooftop plant at Lisbon University in Portugal (pictured) in collaboration with Galp Energia and Capa. Conergy installed 2,600 of its “P-Series” modules in conjunction with 37 Conergy IPG T inverters on the roofs of the Psychology and Science Departments, the education faculty as well as on the refectory. The modules will be producing over one million kWh per year, about 6 percent of the overall energy requirements on the campus. Conergy recently installed a 1.2 MW plant with “P Series” modules on a carport at the University of Almería in neighbouring Spain.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers