Washington Gas Energy Systems, Independent Energy Solutions Announce Calif. Solar Projects
WGES has signed a contract with Western University of Health Sciences to build, own and operate a 672 kW solar array that will provide renewable energy for the university in Pomona, Calif. The installation will consist of a roof-mounted system composed of 2,688 solar panels affixed to three buildings throughout the campus, and a carport system with solar panels located at one of the parking areas on campus.
The installation is expected to produce 1,110 MWh of solar energy per year.
The facility will be owned and operated by WGES under a 20-year power purchase agreement. Green Energy Group, LLC, developed the project, which will be completed in October 2013. Conergy engineered the project and will manage procurement and construction.
Meanwhile, IES has completed a 360 kW solar system for Stone Brewing Company in Escondido, Calif. IES designed and built the grid-tied system which includes 1,388 Hyundai 260 W Solar Panels and 14 Advanced Energy/Refusol 20 kW Inverters. The solar power system will generate enough energy to save Stone Brewing Company over 3.2 million dollars, producing over 12 million kWh over the next 25 years, IES says.
In April, WGES signed a contract with the town of Bellingham, Mass., to build, own and operate a 3,802 kW solar array. The ground-mounted installation will consist of 12,672 panels. WGES will own and operate the solar facility under a 20-year power purchase agreement.
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement