Washington Gas Energy Systems, Independent Energy Solutions Announce Calif. Solar Projects
WGES has signed a contract with Western University of Health Sciences to build, own and operate a 672 kW solar array that will provide renewable energy for the university in Pomona, Calif. The installation will consist of a roof-mounted system composed of 2,688 solar panels affixed to three buildings throughout the campus, and a carport system with solar panels located at one of the parking areas on campus.
The installation is expected to produce 1,110 MWh of solar energy per year.
The facility will be owned and operated by WGES under a 20-year power purchase agreement. Green Energy Group, LLC, developed the project, which will be completed in October 2013. Conergy engineered the project and will manage procurement and construction.
Meanwhile, IES has completed a 360 kW solar system for Stone Brewing Company in Escondido, Calif. IES designed and built the grid-tied system which includes 1,388 Hyundai 260 W Solar Panels and 14 Advanced Energy/Refusol 20 kW Inverters. The solar power system will generate enough energy to save Stone Brewing Company over 3.2 million dollars, producing over 12 million kWh over the next 25 years, IES says.
In April, WGES signed a contract with the town of Bellingham, Mass., to build, own and operate a 3,802 kW solar array. The ground-mounted installation will consist of 12,672 panels. WGES will own and operate the solar facility under a 20-year power purchase agreement.
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- 10 Ways to Slash Energy Cost & Reduce Budget Uncertainty
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems