Solar Trees Provide Shade, Electricity, EV Charging
Envision Solar recently completed a deployment of its Solar Tree products for an unnamed nationwide department store chain. This is the second deployment for this customer, this time at the retailer’s location in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
The Solar Tree arrays will deliver renewable energy, solar powered EV charging and shade for the department store.
Invented, engineered and fabricated in the United States, the Solar Tree system’s electrical generation is enhanced by EnvisionTrak, which enables the array to follow the sun, generating 18 to 25 percent more electricity than a conventional fixed array. Solar Tree arrays can be outfitted with 6 level-two EV chargers or one DC Fast Charger.
The Solar Tree products were produced in the company’s new fabrication facility in San Diego. Each Solar Tree shades six to eight parking spaces, and when the energy is not being used to charge EVs, it will reduce the location’s reliance on utility-supplied energy.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles