Solar Update: Envision Solar Trees; NRG Solar Park
Envision Solar International has completed the engineering, manufacturing and installation of its pre-fabricated foundations for Solar Tree arrays. The first such foundations have received planning department approval, and a Solar Tree structure has been installed in California. This new pre-fabricated foundation is part of Envision Solar’s Drag & Drop Infrastructure product line that offers an efficient deployment of the Solar Tree structures. The foundations were deployed in a few hours rather than several days using a method that creates less risk and requires far fewer inspections and other time consuming and costly steps than the traditional methods formerly employed. The Solar Tree structure’s foundation was the last component of the product that still required significant amounts of work in the field. Now an engineered solution will be delivered as part of Envision Solar’s Solar Tree on a Truck.
North American Development Bank and NRG Solar have signed a $19.2 million loan for the construction of a 5 MW AC solar park to be located at the San Diego State University Imperial Valley Campus in Brawley, Calif. The Imperial Irrigation District, a State of California irrigation district and a publicly-owned utility, will purchase the electricity generated by the project under a 25-year term power purchase agreement. The project consists of designing, building and operating a solar park using polycrystalline photovoltaic modules manufactured by Trina Solar mounted on ViaSol single-axis trackers and will be executed under an engineering, procurement and construction contract with Boeing. The solar park will interconnect to Imperial Irrigation District’s grid at a point located about one-half mile east of the project site.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions