Solar Update: Envision Solar Trees; NRG Solar Park
Envision Solar International has completed the engineering, manufacturing and installation of its pre-fabricated foundations for Solar Tree arrays. The first such foundations have received planning department approval, and a Solar Tree structure has been installed in California. This new pre-fabricated foundation is part of Envision Solar’s Drag & Drop Infrastructure product line that offers an efficient deployment of the Solar Tree structures. The foundations were deployed in a few hours rather than several days using a method that creates less risk and requires far fewer inspections and other time consuming and costly steps than the traditional methods formerly employed. The Solar Tree structure’s foundation was the last component of the product that still required significant amounts of work in the field. Now an engineered solution will be delivered as part of Envision Solar’s Solar Tree on a Truck.
North American Development Bank and NRG Solar have signed a $19.2 million loan for the construction of a 5 MW AC solar park to be located at the San Diego State University Imperial Valley Campus in Brawley, Calif. The Imperial Irrigation District, a State of California irrigation district and a publicly-owned utility, will purchase the electricity generated by the project under a 25-year term power purchase agreement. The project consists of designing, building and operating a solar park using polycrystalline photovoltaic modules manufactured by Trina Solar mounted on ViaSol single-axis trackers and will be executed under an engineering, procurement and construction contract with Boeing. The solar park will interconnect to Imperial Irrigation District’s grid at a point located about one-half mile east of the project site.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive: Transforming Asset and Facilities Management with Analytics
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Today's Energy and Utility Assets
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing