Solar Update: Envision Solar Trees; NRG Solar Park
Envision Solar International has completed the engineering, manufacturing and installation of its pre-fabricated foundations for Solar Tree arrays. The first such foundations have received planning department approval, and a Solar Tree structure has been installed in California. This new pre-fabricated foundation is part of Envision Solar’s Drag & Drop Infrastructure product line that offers an efficient deployment of the Solar Tree structures. The foundations were deployed in a few hours rather than several days using a method that creates less risk and requires far fewer inspections and other time consuming and costly steps than the traditional methods formerly employed. The Solar Tree structure’s foundation was the last component of the product that still required significant amounts of work in the field. Now an engineered solution will be delivered as part of Envision Solar’s Solar Tree on a Truck.
North American Development Bank and NRG Solar have signed a $19.2 million loan for the construction of a 5 MW AC solar park to be located at the San Diego State University Imperial Valley Campus in Brawley, Calif. The Imperial Irrigation District, a State of California irrigation district and a publicly-owned utility, will purchase the electricity generated by the project under a 25-year term power purchase agreement. The project consists of designing, building and operating a solar park using polycrystalline photovoltaic modules manufactured by Trina Solar mounted on ViaSol single-axis trackers and will be executed under an engineering, procurement and construction contract with Boeing. The solar park will interconnect to Imperial Irrigation District’s grid at a point located about one-half mile east of the project site.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management