Solar Update: SEAT Auto Factory, St. Louis Science Center
Spain-based car manufacturer SEAT inaugurated a massive solar plant at its factory in Martorell (pictured). The project – SEAT al Sol – has added a total of 53,000 solar panels installed on the rooftops of the workshops and the provisional storage areas for vehicles over a total of 276,000 square meters. The 53,000 panels will generate 15 million kWh per year. SEAT is part of the Volkswagen Group.
St. Louis-based Microgrid Solar completed the installation of two solar arrays at the St. Louis Science Center. The panels, installed on the main lobby roof and on the Oakland Avenue overpass, are visible to drivers along Interstate 64, and will produce over 33,000 kWh per year. Microgrid partnered with the Science Center previously, providing the solar power for EVie, the Science Center’s traveling electric truck, and by outfitting the center’s newest gallery, Experience Energy, with a solar panel installation. Microgrid worked in partnership with Enphase Energy, SolarWorld, Aschinger Electric, and OMG Roofing Products to deliver this project. Enphase manufactures the microinverters used in the arrays to convert the sun’s DC electricity to AC power; SolarWorld manufactures solar panels in Oregon; Aschinger provided the electrical labor; OMG Roofing Products supplied the Power Grip System of attachments.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management