Solar Update: SEAT Auto Factory, St. Louis Science Center
Spain-based car manufacturer SEAT inaugurated a massive solar plant at its factory in Martorell (pictured). The project – SEAT al Sol – has added a total of 53,000 solar panels installed on the rooftops of the workshops and the provisional storage areas for vehicles over a total of 276,000 square meters. The 53,000 panels will generate 15 million kWh per year. SEAT is part of the Volkswagen Group.
St. Louis-based Microgrid Solar completed the installation of two solar arrays at the St. Louis Science Center. The panels, installed on the main lobby roof and on the Oakland Avenue overpass, are visible to drivers along Interstate 64, and will produce over 33,000 kWh per year. Microgrid partnered with the Science Center previously, providing the solar power for EVie, the Science Center’s traveling electric truck, and by outfitting the center’s newest gallery, Experience Energy, with a solar panel installation. Microgrid worked in partnership with Enphase Energy, SolarWorld, Aschinger Electric, and OMG Roofing Products to deliver this project. Enphase manufactures the microinverters used in the arrays to convert the sun’s DC electricity to AC power; SolarWorld manufactures solar panels in Oregon; Aschinger provided the electrical labor; OMG Roofing Products supplied the Power Grip System of attachments.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement