Solar Update: Starwood Hotels, Clovis Unified School District
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide and NRG Energy have allied to build more solar installations at Starwood properties. The alliance will begin with three properties, including the installation of a 1.3 MW solar array at the Westin St. John in the US Virgin Islands where NRG will build, own and operate the project. NRG will own the solar arrays and Starwood will purchase the electricity via a multi-year power purchase agreement. The customized solar solutions designed by NRG in consultation with Starwood will integrate with the aesthetic of each location. Starwood has committed to reduce its energy consumption by 30 percent and water consumption by 20 percent by 2020 throughout its global footprint.
In Clovis, Calif., Cupertino Electric is building a parking lot canopy and playground shade structure solar system for Clovis Unified School District spanning 21 sites and totaling 5.86 MW. The first phase of the Clovis Unified solar photovoltaic system that is fully operational and generating power includes systems installed at Clovis Elementary School, Fugman Elementary School, Nelson Elementary School, Riverview Elementary School and Mountain View Elementary School. Constructed in four phases, the solar system is anticipated to save the District $2.4 million annually when complete in December 2013 by generating roughly 8.4 million kWh a year.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Let's Do The Math for DR