Solar Update: UK Dairy Farm, Washington, DC Charter Schools
Solarlec installed 100 solar panels for Reeves and Partner dairy farm in Kingsbridge, United Kingdom (pictured). The system will save the farm $83,000 in electricity bills over the next 25 years, with $147,000 to be fed back into the business over the same period through the government’s feed-in tariff subsidy program. The farm’s system was funded through the Nationwide Corporate Financing Scheme.
KIPP DC, a network of public charter schools in Washington, DC, opened a solar energy facility at its Douglass Campus with help from Volt Energy, Sol Systems and Washington Gas Energy Systems. The 227 kW system consists of solar carports and rooftop solar panels. Volt Energy was the developer of the project and selected Green State Power to install the solar system. Sol Systems structured the transaction and financed the project on behalf of its investor client, Washington Gas Energy Systems, which will own and operate the solar energy facility. Volt Energy will work with KIPP DC staff to deliver energy learning opportunities, including interactive workshops highlighting the traditional and renewable sources of energy and discussing career opportunities in STEM concentrated fields.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement