Solar Update: UK Dairy Farm, Washington, DC Charter Schools
Solarlec installed 100 solar panels for Reeves and Partner dairy farm in Kingsbridge, United Kingdom (pictured). The system will save the farm $83,000 in electricity bills over the next 25 years, with $147,000 to be fed back into the business over the same period through the government’s feed-in tariff subsidy program. The farm’s system was funded through the Nationwide Corporate Financing Scheme.
KIPP DC, a network of public charter schools in Washington, DC, opened a solar energy facility at its Douglass Campus with help from Volt Energy, Sol Systems and Washington Gas Energy Systems. The 227 kW system consists of solar carports and rooftop solar panels. Volt Energy was the developer of the project and selected Green State Power to install the solar system. Sol Systems structured the transaction and financed the project on behalf of its investor client, Washington Gas Energy Systems, which will own and operate the solar energy facility. Volt Energy will work with KIPP DC staff to deliver energy learning opportunities, including interactive workshops highlighting the traditional and renewable sources of energy and discussing career opportunities in STEM concentrated fields.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Support Lean Manufacturing Principles with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room