Solar Update: UK Dairy Farm, Washington, DC Charter Schools
Solarlec installed 100 solar panels for Reeves and Partner dairy farm in Kingsbridge, United Kingdom (pictured). The system will save the farm $83,000 in electricity bills over the next 25 years, with $147,000 to be fed back into the business over the same period through the government’s feed-in tariff subsidy program. The farm’s system was funded through the Nationwide Corporate Financing Scheme.
KIPP DC, a network of public charter schools in Washington, DC, opened a solar energy facility at its Douglass Campus with help from Volt Energy, Sol Systems and Washington Gas Energy Systems. The 227 kW system consists of solar carports and rooftop solar panels. Volt Energy was the developer of the project and selected Green State Power to install the solar system. Sol Systems structured the transaction and financed the project on behalf of its investor client, Washington Gas Energy Systems, which will own and operate the solar energy facility. Volt Energy will work with KIPP DC staff to deliver energy learning opportunities, including interactive workshops highlighting the traditional and renewable sources of energy and discussing career opportunities in STEM concentrated fields.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing