Solar Update: Walgreens in Colorado, Bentley in the UK, Linzer in California
Walgreens is expanding its renewable energy initiative to Colorado, hiring SolarCity to implement solar systems at 22 retail stores across 14 different cities in the state. Walgreens began implementing solar in 2007 at many of its retail stores across the country. The new rollout in Colorado brings Walgreens closer to reaching the US Department of Energy’s (DOE) Better Buildings Challenge. The company has committed to reducing its energy use by 20 percent by the year 2020 across 125 million square feet of its retail floor space.
Car manufacturer Bentley has installed 20,000 solar panels on the rooftop of its factory in Crewe, UK, according to Business Green. The 5 MW system, which faces south at an angle of 20 degrees, is owned and maintained by UK solar company Lightsource. Bentley has signed a power purchase agreement with Lightsource.
Linzer Products, a manufacturer of paint tools and accessories, has installed solar power on the flat roof of its paint-brush factory in San Fernando, Calif. The 614 kW DC system includes 2,730 Mitsubishi Electric solar modules, installed by Sun Integration. The system is estimated to produce 920 MWh of electricity per year. The project is financed in part by the federal investment tax credit, and a rebate from the California Solar Initiative.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement