SolarCity Launches Solar, Battery Microgrid Service
SolarCity unveiled GridLogic, a microgrid service that combines solar energy with battery storage. SolarCity is targeting municipalities as well as critical service providers such as hospitals with the microgrid service that ensures resiliency against power outages. GridLogic can operate either in conjunction with or independently of the utility grid.
In addition to resiliency, GridLogic also includes a demand response capability to store power for high-peak demand use.
SolarCity will offer financing options for GridLogic, including payment programs with little to no upfront cost.
SolarCity’s in-house grid engineering team will design and install each GridLogic project with a system of software-based monitoring and controls that manage the mix of distributed energy resources and utility power.
The microgrids will use new lithium-ion Tesla batteries and can be scalable by installing larger or smaller battery banks, reports Breaking Energy.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- There’s Money in the Trash