SolarWorld Acquires Bosch Solar Plants in Europe
SolarWorld AG is acquiring Bosch Solar Energy’s cell and manufacturing business in Arnstadt, Germany. SolarWorld will operate major sites concentrating on three product categories: poly-crystalline cells and modules in Freiberg, Germany, mono-crystalline cells and modules in Arnstadt and high-wattage cells and modules in Hillsboro, Ore., the company’s hub for the Americas.
In addition to acquiring Bosch’s solar assets, SolarWorld will pick up about 800 employees.
The announcement comes as SolarWorld prepares to finalize a debt- and organization-restructuring process that has spanned 2013. The newly formed SolarWorld Industries-Thüringen GmbGH will operate the Arnstadt facilities.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards