Solect, IGS Partner on Energy Systems for Mass. Businesses
Solect Energy and IGS Solar have partnered to bring solar energy solutions to businesses and organizations in Massachusetts. The partnership will provide financing options for companies seeking a solar energy option via power purchase agreements (PPAs) so that customers can deploy a solar energy system without incurring the capital expense and equipment responsibility.
Solect and IGS have kicked-off their partnership with the installation of three large commercial-scale rooftop solar energy systems:
- A 457 kW system for Mass Tank Sales Corporation’s manufacturing facility in Middleborough.
- A 363.5 kW system on the roof of The Cotting School in Lexington.
- A 353 kW rooftop system on the Tony Kent Arena in South Dennis.
Mass Tank, The Cotting School and Tony Kent Arena will enter a financial agreement with Solect and IGS, under which Solect and IGS will lease the roof or ground space used, own and maintain the systems and sell the solar electricity generated back to these organizations at a reduced rate.
Solect and IGS aim to provide more than 10MW of installed solar projects under PPAs similar to these.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?