Solect, IGS Partner on Energy Systems for Mass. Businesses
Solect Energy and IGS Solar have partnered to bring solar energy solutions to businesses and organizations in Massachusetts. The partnership will provide financing options for companies seeking a solar energy option via power purchase agreements (PPAs) so that customers can deploy a solar energy system without incurring the capital expense and equipment responsibility.
Solect and IGS have kicked-off their partnership with the installation of three large commercial-scale rooftop solar energy systems:
- A 457 kW system for Mass Tank Sales Corporation’s manufacturing facility in Middleborough.
- A 363.5 kW system on the roof of The Cotting School in Lexington.
- A 353 kW rooftop system on the Tony Kent Arena in South Dennis.
Mass Tank, The Cotting School and Tony Kent Arena will enter a financial agreement with Solect and IGS, under which Solect and IGS will lease the roof or ground space used, own and maintain the systems and sell the solar electricity generated back to these organizations at a reduced rate.
Solect and IGS aim to provide more than 10MW of installed solar projects under PPAs similar to these.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds