Solite Brings Sunlight to Interior Spaces
With Solite’s patented lighting technology, multi-vessel rooftop arrays gather daylight and transport it directly into building interiors.
The lighting system is designed specifically for commercial, industrial, and institutional interiors. The Solite hybrid technology:
- Transmits high intensity sunlight to multiple interior light fixtures;
- Incorporates advanced energy storage with energy management (real-time and historical performance monitoring and over-the-Internet firmware updating from a PC anywhere in the world);
- Employs non-traditional, tangential utilization of photovoltaics – for specific aspects of systems support –rather than as a primary source of energy generation;
- Employs low voltage control and DC architecture in switching, dimming, occupancy and daylight-sensing and light-balancing capabilities;
- Offers interface options for control integration with facilities management software platforms;
- Powers all interior fixtures with built-in redundancies.
Solite installed its first operational system at Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix in 2012, and the company is currently engaging a limited number of diverse clients to participate in the rollout of its 2013 pilot program planned for the second quarter of 2013.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How to Reduce Cost by Increasing Accountability for Energy Efficiency
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 5 Must-Have Utility Billing Alerts
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems