South Korean Power Company Places 121.8 MW Fuel Cell Order
FuelCell Energy received an order from its South Korean partner, POSCO Energy, for 121.8 MW of fuel cell kits and services to be manufactured at the FuelCell Energy production facility in Torrington, Conn. The estimated value of the multi-year contract is approximately $181 million.
POSCO Energy, the independent power producer in South Korea, is a subsidiary of POSCO, a global steel producer. POSCO Energy recently signed a contract to build a 58.8 MW fuel cell park in South Korea with construction expected to commence this year. The electricity will be sold to the power grid and the heat from the fuel cells will be supplied to a district heating system. The order to FuelCell Energy for 121.8 MW will help POSCO Energy meet demand in South Korea as well as other Asian countries.
As an additional indicator of demand for stationary fuel cell power plants, Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power executed a memorandum of understanding with Seoul City in September for the joint development of new and renewable power generation, including 120 MW of stationary fuel cell power plants. Expected fuel cell applications include the Seoul City subway, municipal water treatment facilities and resource collection facilities. The fuel cell power plants are expected to be configured for combined heat and power (CHP).
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- An Integrated Approach to Managing Today's Energy and Utility Assets
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing