Southern Installs Fuel Cell Backup Power System
Plug Power executed a multi-year contract with SouthernLINC Wireless, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the utility Southern Company.
Plug Power will provide its ReliOn integrated backup power fuel cell systems to SouthernLINC Wireless for use in its wireless network, which supports Southern Company’s communication needs and provides a wireless communications network for customers.
SouthernLINC Wireless anticipates deploying as many as 500 new LTE sites utilizing the Plug Power ReliOn system, which includes fuel cell systems and bulk refillable hydrogen storage, DC plant rectifiers and distribution, battery technology and space for radio equipment, in an environmentally-hardened outdoor cabinet.
Plug Power’s hydrogen fuel cell-based backup power system supplements batteries and replaces diesel-fuel generators used for backup power applications.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- There’s Money in the Trash