Southwest Power Pool Launches Marketplace
Southwest Power Pool (SPP), a regional transmission organization (RTO), launched an integrated marketplace in which market participants buy and sell wholesale energy and reserves in both a day-ahead and real-time market through the operation of a single, consolidated balancing authority.
Accenture was instrumental in helping SPP establish the marketplace.
SPP is now able to coordinate next-day generation across the region and provide participants with greater access to reserve energy. The marketplace helps SPP improve regional balancing of electricity supply and demand and to integrate renewable resources. The day-ahead market also provides participants with a mechanism to hedge against transmission congestion charges through the allocation and settlement of transmission congestion rights.
Accenture was selected in 2011 to provide services in program and project management, systems integration, technical architecture, regulatory services and readiness and deployment management.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year