Spanish Banking Group Monitors Energy with CA Technologies
The Spanish banking group BBVA has implemented CA Technologies’ ecoMeter in its Uptime Institute Tier IV data center to help improve data center capacity, maintain uptime and reduce energy use.
CA Technologies’ ecoMeter is a key component of CA’s data center infrastructure management (DCIM).
BBVA’s 215,000-sq-ft data center in Madrid hosts a large part of the technology infrastructure that supports the banking group’s European operations and manages 52 million daily transactions through 2,000 high range servers. It is one of six centers in the world to hold a double Tier IV certification from the Uptime Institute for both its Design Documents and Constructed Facility. This indicates very high levels of availability and positions the data center as one of the most advanced in the world.
Growing demand on technology and infrastructure hosted in BBVA’s data center increases energy, cooling and space capacity requirements. By providing data on energy consumption, CA ecoMeter allows BBVA to take necessary measures to provide for availability and uptime and increase infrastructure efficiency.
CA Technologies implemented ecoMeter in six weeks. It now provides the data center with an integrated, real time view of data related to the use of energy and other environmental variables and has alarms to alert managers about anomalous levels of power demand.
Additionally, the CA Technologies software exchanges data with the imVision intelligent cabling software used by BBVA, and was uploaded with the equipment inventory, so that the organization can collect information on servers as well as the fiber and network devices that connect them. This consolidated view of the infrastructure helps BBVA increase efficiency and improve change management.
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement